
Is it generation-gap or just plain and simple emotional distance, when my own mother nearly always misinterprets the tone of my speech?
I may sound whiny, but it doesn't mean I'm whining about her. I'm whining about something else to her.
I may sound impatient, but it doesn't mean I'm impatient about her. I'm impatient about something else and I'm telling (or showing) her.
I may sound annoyed, but it doesn't mean I'm annoyed with her. I'm annoyed about something else and I'm just stating this fact to her.
Mom, why don't you understand me anymore?
I may distance myself lately, but it's because I always feel insufficient and patronized whenever I tell you something about my life. And I often get the feeling that there are things about me/my life that you are not happy about. And I don't like it. So, I don't talk about things to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment